Product Manager, Store Experience – Back of House
San Francisco, California
Job#: 251825 Date Posted: Sep. 26, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.Gap Inc. Product Management is looking for a Product Manager II to join our team to support product vision, strategy development and execution of store experience capabilities with targeted focus on back of house initiatives and innovation. You will be responsible for identifying high-value opportunities and working directly with engineers to continuously improve the experience for both our external and internal customers. Primarily store leaders and associates.
Our proprietary, multi-brand platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences for our family of brands. The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge.
- Serves as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Champions the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with local and distributed business partners and agile development teams
- Delivers software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identifies multiple approaches and negotiates trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partners with user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Works with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed
- Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- 3+ years of product management-related roles and activities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Store/retail experience a plus
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Experience with the Agile/iterative development process a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.