Warehouse Associate - Seasonal Merchandise Handler
3685 N. GAP DR.
JOB#: 150477 DATE POSTED: Aug. 31, 2016
JOB STATUS: Seasonal
Seasonal Merchandise Handler
GENERAL SUMMARY: Works with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to established safety, production, and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
- Applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area.
- Loads and unloads cartons. Please see Job Demand Profile for specific physical requirements.
- Performs data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT)
- Performs ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, housekeeping and safety functions, such as:
- Inbound - Receives all inbound cartons, performs any needed quality audits, updates system, and palletizes cartons
- Order Filler - Locates merchandise based on system and accurately completes order and sends to shipping.
- Operates motorized material handling equipment as required based on department and facility requirements.
- Collaborates with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
- Understands team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 12 hours at a time. Please see Job Demand Profile for specific physical requirements.
- Drug and Alcohol free work environment
- Wear protective equipment and shoes with rubber soles and closed toes, as required.