Seasonal Merchandise Handler
300 GAP BLVD
JOB#: 180385 DATE POSTED: Aug. 31, 2016
JOB STATUS: Seasonal
***We are offering a $1000 peak incentive bonus ***
GENERAL SUMMARY: Works with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to established safety, production, and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area.
- Loads and unloads cartons. Please see Job Demand Profile for specific physical requirements.
- Performs data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT)
- Performs ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, housekeeping and safety functions, such as:
- Inbound – Receives all inbound cartons, performs any needed quality audits, updates system, and palletizes cartons
- Order Filler – Locates merchandise based on system and accurately completes order and sends to shipping.
- Operates motorized material handling equipment as required based on department and facility requirements.
- Collaborates with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
- Understands team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Communicates daily with team members and management about operational procedures.
- Supports campus safety program
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Make accurate and efficient inventory counts and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry specific technology
- Must be licensed prior to operating motorized material handling equipment
- Must be able to read and write English
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Warehouse experience preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Stand for long periods of time and walk continuously
- Associates may be required to lift up to 50lbs. Specific weight requirements may vary within each department
- Base schedule of eight hours per shift; overtime schedules will vary however may reach up to 12 hours per shift and is required of all employees
- A forty-hour workweek is not guaranteed, due to fluctuation in workflow
- Ability to work on one, two, or three shifts across Campus based on business need
- The physical climate varies; hot and cold extremes may be experienced
- Specific functions may require protective equipment
- Drug and Alcohol free work environment
- Wear protective equipment and shoes with rubber soles and closed toes, as required