Customer Service Consultant - Remote
6001 GREENPOINT DRIVE
Job#: 238135 Date Posted: Jun. 12, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
This is a work from home position. Eligible candidates must live in the Columbus Ohio or surrounding Central Ohio counties to be considered.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for providing superior customer service via phone to customers. The Customer Service Consultant is also responsible to meet service and sales goals for Gap Inc. brands and markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to identify and report any critical or reoccurring customer service issues to Supervisor.
- Manage customer inquiries by providing product information and processing orders.
- Deliver a superior customer experience.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills in every interaction.
- Ensure timely, one-call resolution with customers.
- Utilize suggestive sales techniques to meet established targets.
- Effectively de-escalate customer issues using empathy and conflict resolution skills.
- Utilize effective time management and prioritization skills in order to handle a high volume of calls in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a team focused environment.
- Flex and adapt to rapid change.
- Demonstrate professional communication.
- Demonstrate motivation by identifying personal strengths and opportunities in partnership with supervisor to develop career enhancing skills.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong PC skills including internet and windows-based applications
- Knowledge of apparel and fashion terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including de-escalation skills
Minimum educational level:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of customer service and sales experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees