Sales Associate (Full-time) - Ridgedale
12213 WAYZATA BLVD
Job#: 233746 Date Posted: Apr. 16, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Our Sales Associate utilizes expert knowledge of our product combined with passion for activity, health and wellness to educate, inform, inspire and wardrobe our customers and match them with the right activity or wellness offering. Our associates respect our customers, take pride in the brand mission, the product, the store, and its team and works to deepen the relationship with our customers to provide an innovative and compelling shopping and community experience.
- You believe, have personal knowledge and are willing to share the benefits of how healthy, active lifestyles can unlock limitless potential.
- You are passionate about how the right apparel matched with the right activity can create breakthrough results.
- You empower others- with the knowledge, service skills and ability to connect our customers and communities together through activity, health & wellness.
- You are looking to stay and thrive with us because of your authentic connection to our customers, community, products and mission.
- You thrive on building a welcoming team atmosphere and inviting others along in the journey.
- Drive business results by increasing customer conversion and retention, introducing new customers to Athleta and creating brand loyalty.
- Provide personalized, premium, high-touch service.
- Build and grow relationships with customers through knowledge of activity, sport and wellness combined with personalized wardrobe consultation, fashion guidance, and product selection.
- Establish authentic personal relationships with clients to encourage customer loyalty and increase revenue.
- Proactively engage customers with new product arrival information based on personal knowledge of her goals, wellness activities and end use.
- Respond to customer questions and needs effectively & efficiently, acting with urgency to deliver results.
- Offer loyalty program benefits to qualified clients; devise ways to surprise & delight customers and clientele.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset in every situation to consistently raise the level of service provided and exceed customer expectations.
- Incorporate knowledge of Athleta’s lifestyle product/lifestyle continuum and the wellness industry generally to develop a sales and customer relationship strategy for maximizing business results.
- Responsible for building a book of business and/or expanding customer base through knowledge of Athleta product and a passion for wellness in the surrounding community.
- Focus on increasing sales by integrating ways of reaching customers through relevant community events.
- Contribute to the development of the brand’s overall sales strategy through an in depth understanding of Athleta product.
- Utilizes in depth knowledge of current promotions, fashions trends, merchandise features and store inventory to maximize sales and profitability.
- Work with team to ensure operational standards are achieved including merchandise replenishment, visual merchandising, processing shipments and store cleanliness
- Proficient with technology devices to support great customer experience.
- Your previous experience has allowed you to develop your problem-solving, effective communication & relationship building skills.
- You can demonstrate personal knowledge of how activity, sport, fitness and wellness can benefit the customer.
- Your previous experience in retail, the health & fitness industry or being active in the local community is an advantage.
- Typically requires 2-4 years’ experience in customer facing roles.
- Availability to meet the current needs of the business inclusive of high traffic and peak sales volume days.
- Availability to support the duties assigned to the role.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
This job profile intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees