Associate Content Director
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
New York, New York
Job#: 222493 Date Posted: Dec. 12, 2017
Job Status: Full-time
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We’re known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We’re always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
INTERMIX is seeking a seasoned, fashion-obsessed content expert to spearhead the creation of social-first content across its omni-channel presence. This role reports to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and is an essential player in developing and implementing the INTERMIX brand voice and point of view.
- Lead content strategy across all channels, including site, email, stores and all social platforms
- Develop editorial content and messaging for brand-wide campaigns (including video and in-store experiences), ongoing site and email content, and all social platforms
- Lead ideation for internal and external partnerships
- Brainstorm, research, source creative, craft and edit posts for the Intermix content hub, with a social-first mentality
- Manage the copy writing and social media teams in developing voice, vision, and presence across all communities: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and our owned channels
- Cultivate relationships with fashion influencers and agencies and formulate creative ways to work together
- Analyze effective benchmarks for measuring impact of social media efforts, hindsight campaign effectiveness through relevant monitoring tools, and implement strategic responses
- Grow social media presence on key channels, based on aligned-upon KPIs
- Collaborate closely with creative production, e-commerce merchandising, visual, PR, and design to create unique campaigns for key vendors
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media / marketing / e-commerce technologies and report on best practices
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in the fashion and digital publishing space, with prior management experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English
- Impeccable written, interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong working knowledge of social media trends and blogger relationships
- Strategic and creative thinker who excels in execution
- Familiarity with ROI, digital analytics and social media monitoring tools
- Resourceful self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment who is well organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Wordpress, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word; Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus; Salesforce Commerce Cloud knowledge a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.