Sr. HR Business Partner, East Market – Athleta
126 5TH AVE
New York, New York
OTHER LOCATIONS: NEW YORK,NEW YORK,UNITED STATES JOB#: 198459 DATE POSTED: Mar. 21, 2017
JOB STATUS: Full-time
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we’re always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
Job location: The ideal candidate would reside/work in a large East Coast City – NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta & Miami
It’s game time for Athleta! In this high growth, high demand environment - not only will your HR generalist skills be fully utilized - your relationship management, strategic agility and leadership skills will be needed to be a strong HR partner to support us through these exciting times!
As the Sr. HRBP for the Athleta stores, you are someone who thrives on building diverse and inclusive communities and teams of people who are connected to a movement: Igniting a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. You will be a strategic business partner for the Athleta Field Retail Teams for the East Market. The geography may shift at times, as well as the need to support additional functions as determined by the business. You’ll partner with the Market Director to advance the talent management strategy that enables the team to attract, select, engage and retain the talent needed to fuel business growth and deliver the brand promise. You’ll accomplish this by building strong relationships, possessing a keen understanding of the business, building leader capability and leveraging an expert point of view.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a resource to business leaders on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including:
- Performance Management
- Compensation Strategies
- ER issues/Coaching/Investigations
- Talent Strategies
- Leadership Coaching
- Team Effectiveness
- Leverage a combination of employee insights, organizational dynamics, data and your instinct to provide thought leadership to business leaders on organizational development and talent management needs.
- Work with the business to identify and assess key leadership and functional competencies. Lead talent assessments (“Talent Exchange”) to create development and succession plans to leverage strengths and address skill gaps surfaced in the assessment.
- Identify and address people needs, provide innovative solutions that balance the needs of people and the business.
- Coach employees and managers regarding employee relations, career development, and performance management.
- Build relationships with employees and leaders within Athleta and across Gap Inc.
- Lead and/or support various HR initiatives for the brand and the enterprise.
- You elevate others to excellence – You have experience coaching and developing capabilities and leading through vision and values.
- You can juggle a lot – Fast is as slow as we go- you thrive managing multiple priorities, projects and competing demands.
- You are an experimenter – Status quo is not the way you roll. Growth mindset, strategic agility, driving innovation, learning quickly and pushing for what’s possible is your norm.
- You know your stuff – You can hit the ground running in order to effectively support the Market Director other client groups- tactically and strategically.
- Our mission fuels you – You have an authentic connection to our brand and our mission that helps you advance our culture.
Skills & Experience…
- 6+ years HR generalist experience. Knowledge of HR practices including organizational development, leadership development, change management, diversity and inclusion, compensation, strong knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws, performance management, coaching and employee relations. Demonstrated ability to assess organizational trends and develop HR solutions.
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence in complex and matrixed environments as well as within the Human Resources team and key business partners.
- Able to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner executive presence
- Demonstrated excellent communication/presentation skills to all audience levels.
- Prior experience with facilitation and team effectiveness.
- Demonstrated confidence in all settings when advising/partnering with business partners
- Proven organization skills ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Strong computer skills - MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook a plus), Experience with PeopleSoft and SuccessFactors a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience