Analyst, Compensation Business Process & Technology, Gap Inc.
San Francisco, California
JOB#: 192340 DATE POSTED: Dec. 13, 2016
JOB STATUS: Full-time
Key contributor to streams of work for Gap Inc. Compensation processes/programs, providing support and data analysis for the Rewards team. Responsible for tactical support and administration of job structures, base pay, variable pay plans, and global compensation infrastructure. Leads administration of Field Incentive and Corporate Bonus calculations.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Customer Impact
- Learning Agility
- Partners closely with broader compensation team members, Field finance/HR and regional assistants, CSSC, HR Operations, and IT.
- Contributes to Gap Inc. Compensation projects and processes. Through regular data analysis, ensures the accurate representation of data in compensation systems.
- Leads administration of field incentive and corporate bonus calculations, ensuring accurate and timely payments and that appropriate SOX controls are met. Partners with Field Finance, Regional Assistants, and CSSC.
- Centrally manage creation and updates of global job codes, salary plans/ranges, and location salary plan assignments.
- Facilitates mass employee data changes. Partners with CSSC and IT to establish timeline and validates that updates are successful.
- Minimum Wage: Monitors regulatory compliance and manages ongoing minimum wage updates per legislation.
- Updates compensation collateral across Gapweb and folio; regularly audits sharepoint user access rights. Updates LDAP bonus plan eligibility.
- Ensures that all range and merit guideline data (merit budgets, guidelines, and salary ranges) are complete and accurately loaded into relevant systems (PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, Survey Management).
- Supports technical programs for HRMS, Base Pay, Variable Pay (Corporate and Field), FAVR, Global Grading and Market Survey systems.
- Works closely with Rewards, IT and Shared Services teams as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage technology and business process.
- Contributes to the Annual Focal/Rewards review process work streams.
Key Experiences/ Attributes
- Prioritizes project work and immediate needs of programs
- While the focus of the work is daily tactical execution, has the ability to connect-the-dots on global programs and work requirements
- Able to communicate and summarize global programs and findings of analysis
- 2-3 years experience in HR, IT, or Compensation systems with deep experience in systems preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to our business partners; ability to collaborate within and outside the HR team.
- Demonstrates curiosity to understand business and HR needs and identifies solutions/strategies that align to these needs.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, Access or other relational database, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with HRMS systems required.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively; ability to think beyond immediate consequences.
- Flexibility to work in situations where there is no unique, correct answer and in a dynamic business environment
- Bachelors Degree (preferred in Finance, Business Administration, IT or Human Resources), or equivalent work experience