Assistant Marketing Manager Audience Experience – Gap Europe & Japan Online
San Francisco, California
Job#: 233831 Date Posted: Apr. 17, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we’re the world’s most iconic American brand.
We’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to “do more than sell clothes,” and today we’re leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Assistant Marketing Manager will assist the Audience Experience Marketing Manager for Gap EU & JP Online. This includes supporting the team in the flawless execution of in-season email & site marketing campaigns including but not limited to calendaring, reporting, and QA.
• Assist in execution of in-season email and ensure alignment with Europe/Japan and US brand partners where appropriate
• Work with web production team & email vendor to ensure all messaging is accurate and launched on time
• Support QA of email and site assets
• Maintain marketing calendar and ensure the customer is receiving a cohesive & meaningful experience across both site + email.
• Develop a deep knowledge of the EU & JP customer to ensure we are optimizing our content for these markets.
• Analyze ways to optimize the EU/JP site + email experience through internal and external data analysis
• Analyze data at a granular level, summarize concisely and report out key learnings. Distill trends from raw data
• Maintain tools for consolidating key metrics and sharing with management
• Ensure strong marketing synergy across multiple channels, regions and vehicles
• Effectively collaborate across several functions including, but not limited to, buyers, CRM, creative, production, and external partners as needed
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A passion for e-commerce and marketing
- Detail-oriented with a passion for flawless execution
- Ability to analyze data, interpret for a broad audience, and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making
- Technically savvy
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills to foster relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Excellent communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams
- Experience planning and executing successful email and site campaigns a plus
- Retail experience a plus
- Japanese Speaker a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.