Associate Manager, Email Marketing
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
San Francisco, California
Job#: 263901 Date Posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
- Learning Agility
- Innovation Cultivator
- Collaboration & Influencing
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing meaningful and compelling email contact strategies in season for our US, CDA and MX markets to drive traffic to our store and online experiences.
- Maintain the email marketing calendar for select events/campaigns across markets to ensure our subscribers are receiving a cohesive, accurate and relevant experience in email.
- Be an expert in using data to drive customer behavior in email and improving our email contact strategies.
- Partner with internal (Email Production, Central Email CRM and Operations teams) and external (email vendor) groups to ensure emails are executed flawlessly.
- Assist Email Manager and Sr. Manager in weekly, monthly and ad-hoc email reporting.
- Assist Email Manager with channel and campaign level testing as needed.
- Email marketing experience preferred
- Must possess understanding of segmentation and/or personalization strategies
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Passion for Gap and the retail/fashion industry and a track record of being customer focused.
- A ‘test and learn’ mindset
- Familiarity with enterprise-level analytics platform required. Experience with Adobe Analytics/Omniture preferred
- Experience with email vendors (Salesforce, Moveable Ink, etc) a plus.
- Background in ecommerce preferred
- 1+ years of marketing or analytics experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.