Information Security Engineer - Internship
San Francisco, California
JOB#: 189341 DATE POSTED: Oct. 19, 2016
Gap Inc. Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for technology. We’re not your average IT shop, and this isn’t your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (start date – June 12, 2017), you’ll have a voice in the room, be pushed to take risks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transforming retail technology. Ready to get started?
What’s In It for You?
As a Gap Inc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and our leaders in technology. You will work on individual projects as well as a challenging group project that you will present to senior management at the end of the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, volunteering in the community, etc.
Here’s what you will do all summer!
- Assist in the design and implementation of information security infrastructure and services needed to minimize threats to Customer, Corporate, and Employee information
- Participate in InfoSec team and Business Partner meetings as required
- Work with Product Security and Risk and Compliance teams to accomplish project and services specific goals
- Assist in developing solutions to ensure existing and new systems and application deployments are appropriately secured to meet security policy and standards, and audit compliance requirements
- Identify security issues and risks associated with security events reported by L1 or L2 InfoSec teams, or via alerts from various security tools, and develop remediation and/or risk mitigation plans
- Participate in investigations of suspected information technology security misuse or compliance reviews as requested by Gap’s Security Council, InfoSec management, or as required when alerts are received from InfoSec threat monitoring tools
- Assist in responses to internal and external compliance audits, e-Discovery data collection, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Coordinate maintenance of security-related systems (Anti-Virus, Patching, Intrusion Detection, Logging, Anti-spam, etc.)·
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduatein Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science or Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Passion to learn or knowledge of information security risks and countermeasures for Windows and Unix/Linux platforms
- General understanding of IT infrastructure and client-server architecture
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols desired
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, and Agile software development experience a plus
- Good verbal and written skills for clear, concise and effective communication
- Highly motivated to learn and take initiative in projects