Product Distribution Analyst, Mexico - Adult
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
San Francisco, California
Job#: 226438 Date Posted: Jan. 13, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Product Distribution Analyst supports Old Navy Mexico Marketing Planning by driving product distribution and in store replenishment through partnerships with the ON Mexico team, Inventory Management, Merchandising, Logistics and Store Operations. This role will deliver deep analysis and actionable insight focused on the product and location intersection that maximize return on investment. Primary focus will be on ensuring that total store inventory levels reflect the merchandising strategy and are allocated properly to meet or exceed sales, comp, gross margin, GMROI and density goals.
- Execute data analysis, synthesize results and recommend solutions.
- Communicate and inform cross-functional partners of location based performance results, trends, opportunities and risks. Develop appropriate recommendations and influence actions to maximize sales
- Execute Pre Season product distribution strategies in order to have the right product at the right time for the Mexico market
- Develop market and store knowledge based on geography and customer attributes, field communication and historical store performance
- Ensure timely communication of key deliverables and expectations to manager as well as functional and cross-functional team members
- Establish and continually develop partnership with field and store planning to gain credibility and trust
- Track DC/CC capacity forecasts and action plans to manage product flow that match sales plans while addressing DC capacity, update and inform store receipts, division in transit inventory.
- Execute weekly management for store level inventory, capacity issues, size level replenishment, end of life, and other business needs
- Analyze store-level data to identify chain/division/product trends, DC-specific and store-specific inventory issues
- Partner on monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics managed thru demand forecasting and vendor management tools.
- Recommend, implement and manage additional applications of advanced supply chain
- Periodic travel to Old Navy Mexico Stores.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Knowledge of Store Planning, Inventory Management, Inventory Strategy and Logistics, processes, systems and tools. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- 4-year college degree required.
- Fluent/conversant in Spanish preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees