Senior Manager, Retail Store Operations
ONE HARRISON STREET
San Francisco, California
Job#: 252832 Date Posted: Oct. 14, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Senior Manager of Retail Operations drives and leads the development and implementation of all strategies, initiatives, tools and resources that support the daily and real estate operations in our North America fleet.This leader is responsible for driving business results and supporting the employee and customer experience by focusing on organizational standards, technology, labor, transportation, logistics, compliance, supplies, loss prevention, real estate activity other strategic initiatives. This Sr. Manager ensures a strong operational, customer friendly environment in our stores through organization, efficiency and profitability.They will partner with departments throughout the organization to drive the experience, profitability, productivity, analyze data, develop and recommend new processes and well as service level agreements that support the field organization.Provides strong leadership to team of manager(s), project manager(s) to develop their skills and build their career.
Collaboration & Influencing
- Develops and seamlessly integrates initiatives designed to drive external and internal customer satisfaction and business efficiencies.
- Develops and manages budgets and resources for initiatives, labor, supplies, remodels and travel.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to leaders, keeping the Brand competitive while understanding the impact of initiatives on customer experience, store workload, productivity, employee engagement, and compliance.
- Analyzes opportunities, designs forecast, drives results and measures the success of initiatives in the store environment.
- Maintains working global knowledge of competitor practices; provides benchmarking and key insights.
- Partners with Store Experience and Integration Leadership Team to define, prioritize, and implement strategic initiatives in support of divisional strategies and divisional financial goals.
- Delivers solution oriented, well executed initiatives on time and on budget, which drive store performance.
- Collaborates with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement and defines those processes that optimize the business.
- Develops individuals to support a high performing team; provides thoughtful and timely feedback to all levels in the organization.
- Represents field point of view at Athleta and in cross brand work; acts as an advocate for brand needs with Gap Inc. and provides escalation contact when required.
- Proactivelywork with all headquartersand fieldbusiness partnersto identify areas of opportunity to revise current processes and procedures to streamline workload, improve operational efficiencies and reduce expenditures.
- Minimum of 7 years of proven business experience in a retail or consulting industry
- 3-5 years Leadership or related experience
- Demonstrated success with cross-functional project teams
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with strong financial acumen and high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling skills
- Organized multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent follow through skills and attention to detail
- Positive, productive and solution oriented mindset
- Ability to problem solve with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best-in-industry leaders and teams.
- Sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
- Articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions to solve problems
- Adapts and continues to perform through change and ambiguity
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PM software
- Retail Stores experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees