Systems Engineer, Stores Infrastructure - Internship
San Francisco, California
JOB#: 189344 DATE POSTED: Nov. 04, 2016
Gap Inc. Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for technology. We’re not your average IT shop, and this isn’t your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (start date – June 12, 2017), you’ll have a voice in the room, be pushed to take risks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transforming retail technology. Ready to get started?
What’s In It for You?
As a Gap Inc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and our leaders in technology. You will work on individual projects as well as a challenging group project that you will present to senior management at the end of the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, volunteering in the community, etc.
Here’s what you will do all summer!
As an intern, you will be working in an agile environment with other Store Systems Engineers (SSE). You will be responsible for delivering engineering technical solutions for business needs for Gap Inc. stores.
- Participate in the selection and certification of next generation hardware for stores
- Write and enhance Chef Cookbooks to support engineering hardware/OS builds
- Upgrade international wireless device management tool
- Troubleshoot systems remotely across global regions
- Participate on projects using the Agile SDLC methodology
Here’s what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- General knowledge of networking including both wired and wireless
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows, Ruby and Python preferred
- Possesses knowledge of software packaging and deployment technologies
- Ambitious self-starter, highly motivated to learn and apply skills