Undergraduate Finance Summer Internship - Gap Inc.
San Francisco, California
OTHER LOCATIONS: JOB#: 195223 DATE POSTED: Jan. 13, 2017
JOB STATUS: Sourcing
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us in our headquarters offices for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten week Summer Intern Program runs from June 12th through August 18th and is based in San Francisco.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and our leaders in technology. You will work on individual projects as well as a challenging group project that you will present to senior management at the end of the summer.
You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Finance Interns can work in many different areas of our company (company planning, loss prevention, real estate, etc.) and will assist in preparing business review presentations highlighting financial and operational performance to present to senior leaders. Benchmarking and/or marketplace inquiry will also be a focus, so we are looking for candidates who have a strong self-starter attitude and are able to navigate through raw data. You will also work closely with other finance team members and partners to support, analyze and pilot various initiatives. Through this experience you will gain familiarity with brand and corporate finance teams to develop skills necessary effectively influence business and investment decisions.
- Undergraduate degree in progress with a concentration in finance, accounting, economics or business — must be in between junior and senior year or have one quarter or semester left to complete in the fall
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
- For some roles, Essbase experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand or quickly grasp customer priorities and terminology
- Self-starter attitude and able to navigate through raw data to identify a pattern
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to organize, prioritize and manage time
- Customer-service & results oriented
- Capable of operating with little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous retail experience is a plus.