Lead, Merchandising - Gap - Hillsdale
437 HILLSDALE MALL
San Mateo, California
JOB#: 194789 DATE POSTED: Jan. 10, 2017
JOB STATUS: Full-time
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Lead executes the day-to-day business plan created by the Senior General Manager/General Manager and fosters a positive customer and employee experience. The Lead supports the on-the-job training of associates while communicating development feedback to the leadership team. The Lead supports the leadership team in fostering a positive work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction and drives sales. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Lead is required to work together with peers and sales associates and perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The lead is also responsible for the Areas of Accountability that fall under each category below.
- Acts as the leader on duty occasionally as needed and consistently models the brand service standard and sub-brand selling behaviors during non-peak business hours.
- Enforces all loss prevention policies, and communicates violations to the leadership team or the Code of Business Conduct Hotline.
- Executes shortage action plan to minimize loss while achieving shrink goals.
- Maintains company standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor and stockroom.
- Shares feedback from customers with leadership team to improve the overall customer experience.
- Treats all customers with respect consistently and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Role models a positive work environment for all employees.
- Ensures all back room areas including bathrooms and employee break areas are cleaned regularly.
- Influences employees to support an operationally efficient and effective process driven environment.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Field Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Supports the leadership team to ensure store compliance audit standards are met and maintained.
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to support associates, redirects activities as necessary to achieve productivity standards.
- Helps store drive all key performance indicators as determined by store leadership team as it relates to the lead’s areas of responsibility.
- Supports on-the-job training for sales associates on company initiatives and standards to ensure that everyone fully understands company direction.
- Communicates any policy violations to the leadership team in a timely, confidential manner.
- Communicates development feedback of sales associates to the leadership team.
- Supports employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Reports to the Assistant General Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Supervises sales associates.
- Interacts with district manager and other business partners.
As a Lead you may have responsibilities in one of the following roles.
Lead - Merchandising
- Partners with appropriate leader to direct shipment placement on sales floor.
- Assists in executing merchandise flow and product placement.
- Supports and ensures execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor-ready standards.
- Ensures all delivery information is recorded and accurately reported.
- Tracks productivity and ensures that the team is meeting the Merchandise Handling Manual standards for all sales support tasks.
- Communicates staffing requirements for merchandise handling and replenishment processes to the leadership team.
- Ensures floor is replenished per company guidelines. Follows up with staff to ensure accuracy.
- Manages shipment supplies and fixtures and communicates needs to the leadership team.
- Ensures stockroom and stockroom activities meet risk management requirements.
- Oversees and executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner. Audits markdowns to ensure accuracy.
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends according to Merchandise Handling Manual.
- Ability to model professional behavior, as outlined in the Code of Business Conduct, at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with sales associates, customers and management.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service when on sales floor.
Minimum educational level:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months of Gap Inc. experience preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, including opening and closing shifts, to meet the needs of the business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.